Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Handmade Flower Crown.

My sister Lindsey, our friend Carlie and I had talked about doing a photo-shoot just for fun, for quite a while. A few months ago now, we packed up a picnic basket, and 2 vintage suit cases full of outfits and accessories and props and headed out to the canyon for our photo-shoot.  Flower crowns have been so popular this year, in weddings and photo-shoots, so I decided to make one for our pictures. It was very simple, and I absolutely loved how it turned out!

What you'll need:
3 strips of scrap fabric
2 tiny clear rubber bands
Real or artificial flowers
A hot glue gun & hot glue


I used scrap pieces of fabric that I had.
 I tied 3 strips together with a tiny rubber band, then I braided the fabric together.
I made the strips extra long that way the crown could be tied on, 
and easily removed for the three of us to wear! 

 I bought 2 bouquets of flowers from Trader Joe's.
You can also totally use artificial flowers!
I then cut all of the blooms off of their stems.
 I weaved leaves and some of the extra foliage that was in the bouquets in through the braid and hot glued them to back, to make sure they were secure. I hot glued the flowers onto the fabric. For the heavier flowers (like the sunflowers) I pushed what was left from the steam through the fabric braid and hot glued on the back to secure.
Here it is all finished!
And take a look at the pictures below to see how gorgeous the flower crown
 looked in our photo-shoot!






Thanks for stoping by and Happy 2014! 
I promise you will be seeing a lot more posts this year!

xoxo, Whitney




 

No comments:

Post a Comment