Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

Wooden Signs and Bridal Shower Directional Signs

These were one of the projects that took up the most time. I am not sure if I am just too much of a perfectionist, but I know there HAS to be a much more efficient way of getting wooden signs painted more quickly! If you have any tips or tricks please leave them in the comments below.
My Dad helped me put together the signs.



The middle sign is made out of old barn wood from the property that I grew up on, and the two pallet type signs I purchased the wood from Home Depot.



 
I used letter stencils that I had, and I used a sample of Behr paint that I got from Home Depot.
And painted "We're so glad your you're here!" to put by the front gate at the shower.

This one I freehanded. This is the first quick coat of paint, and then I went back to fill in the letter  and made them darker.
Here is the other pallet sign that I painted. I used the same letter stencils that I used for the "We're so glad you're here" sign, and the same paint. 


Here is a sneak peak from the shower. This is how I used the two pallet signs that I had painted!


My Dad and I also made directional signs for the Bridal Shower to make sure that people knew where to go. I used my Cricut machine to make a stencil that said Bridal Shower. I used some off white spray paint,  and using the stencil that I had cut out from the Cricut, I painted the pieces of wood for the signs! My Dad cut out the arrows from a piece of bead board. 

One of my favorite parts of the signs was the we added an eye hook on the back to attach balloons to! 


I loved all of these signs, and because they took so long to paint, I was so excited when they were finished! :)

Next up I will show you a project I made with coffee filters and food coloring!

No comments:

Post a Comment