Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

GOLD.

It is no secret that I love anything that is sparkly especially if it is GOLD. I knew that I wanted to add in pops of gold throughout the Bridal Shower, because who doesn't love themselves a little or ok a lot of gold!

I bought some gold spray paint and my first project with it was spray painting some glass bottles gold. I took beer bottles, wine bottles, other glass drink bottles, and jars and I cleaned and scrubbed the labels off of them.

 After all the labels and sticky residue was cleaned off I wiped down each bottle with lacquer thinner to remove any of the oils. 
 This is the gold spray paint that I used and I purchased it at Home Depot. I absolutely loved it and wanted to paint everything with it! :)


 I LOVE how the bottles and jars turned out! The looked so good! 



 Here is a group of them all finished!


The next thing that I painted gold was these picture frames that I bought at the $1 store. I dusted them off well and then used Tack Cloth (that you can buy at Home Depot or Lowes) to make sure to get off any extra dust and oil and gets the surface ready to paint. 


Here is how the frames turned out! 

 I bought these giant letters from Joann's Fabrics, they are made out of cardboard and I also spray painted them gold. I will show you what I used them for in a future post! 


Check out my next post this week to see how I made cake stands, out of old plates, cups, and candle sticks. 
 Until next time! XOXO, Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment