Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Coffee Filter Project

I had seen this idea on the 31 Bits Blog and knew that I just had to make them for the shower. Also, please check out 31 Bits and you can see their adorable DIY ideas, but also read about all the incredible things they are doing and all the lives they are empowering and changing through the sales of their gorgeous jewelry!

For this project all you need is:
A package of coffee filters (I bought 2 large packages from Smart and Final)
Food Coloring
Rubber Gloves
A bin or container (To put the water/ food coloring mixture in)
A spray bottle (To mix the color mixture in)
A clothes line (To hang the filters to dry)

 I bought 2 large packages of coffee filters. I made one whole package in mint green, and made the second package in a pink/coral color. To start out you need to mix up your desired color with food coloring and water. I mixed mine in the spray bottle you see in the picture and then poured it in to a dish pan. I then dipped stacks of about 10 coffee filters in the water/ food coloring mixture at a time and then hung them up on the clothes line to dry.
 Here are some of the mint green ones hanging to dry.



 Here are the coral/pink ones hanging on the line to dry.


  Once they were dry I took them down and put them in a large trash bag, until the day before the shower when I was ready to string them on fishing line.

I hung the coffee filter garland above the food table and it truly was one of my favorite parts of the shower. With the help of so many people we crumpled the coffee filters, and then strung them onto fishing line using a large needle. This was the food table before the food went on.

Here is the food table, with the coffee filter garland, after the food was all set up! 
I absolutely love how this turned out! 

Make sure to check back to see the next DIY projects!

XOXO, Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment