Pages

Monday, January 26, 2015

DIY Cake Stands

For the shower I knew that I wanted to add some height to the centerpieces and I thought that cake stands would be a perfect way to do that. I am someone who likes things to all be a little different so I knew I wanted to come up with a way to make the cake stands all a little different. 
I picked up different plates, glass goblet type cups, and a few candle sticks, at a few different yard sales, and also a local thrift store. 

Here is the variety of different plates and bases that I found! 

Using this glue that I found at Home Depot I glued the plates to the bases (the glasses or candle sticks) The glue's directions said to let it set for 30 minutes, but cure for 24 hours, so I did that to make sure that the glue was good and dry.


 I let them dry just like this for the full 24 hours, making sure to check them after about an hour to double check that everything was straight and hadn't slipped around. 
I picked up this super pretty metallic spray paint in "Pearl Mist" to spray some of my cake plates and the rest of them I painted, I'm sure you guessed it, GOLD.


 Here is a picture of one of the tables before the flowers went on, with a gold cake stand in the middle.

Here is a picture of the cake stand with the flowers setting on it! 

Only ONE more DIY project to go and I will show you around the entire shower all put together!

XOXO, Whitney






No comments:

Post a Comment